Friday, August 20, 2010

oNly 250 miles to Golden cOLORDADO

Well its Friday AM and we should have an easy ride today. My face is sunburned and windburned! I don't know way, I have the windshield on my bike.
We may ride up pikes peak  on the bikes. Also may visit the Royal Gorge bridge.It is the worlds highest suspension bridge.My Uncle took me there back in the 70'. It was in November and noone was there. I found this gaint rock and droped it off. It took over 30 secound to hit the ground.

5 comments:

  1. You should have taken your stunt gear so Dangerous could try and jump the Royal Gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found this blog so I can follow your journey. Say hi to Louie for me.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys,

    I'm glad you're having a good time and beautiful weather. Nice picture of the Mesa. I looked up Las Vegas, NM. The east side of the town was known even way back as a place for bad folks to live and hide out.

    Keep safe and Happy Trails.

    P.S. Don't try and jump the Royal Gorge!

    Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Las Vegas, NM Wikipedia

    "Outlaws
    The arrival of the railroad on July 4, 1879 brought with it businesses and people, both respectable and dubious. Murderers, robbers, thieves, gamblers, gunmen, swindlers, vagrants, and tramps poured in, transforming the eastern side of the settlement into a virtually lawless brawl. Among the notorious characters were such legends of the Old West as: dentist Doc Holliday and his girlfriend Big Nose Kate, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Wyatt Earp, Mysterious Dave Mather, Hoodoo Brown, Durango Kid and Handsome Harry the Dancehall Rustler.

    Historian Ralph Emerson Twitchell once claimed, "Without exception there was no town which harbored a more disreputable gang of desperadoes and outlaws than did Las Vegas.""

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the story behind the white Bison? They are supposed to mean something special to Native Americans.

    Nice pctures of Royal Gorge! I'm glad you didn't jump it!

    Gavin

    ReplyDelete