My brother Lewis and myself are riding motorcycles cross country to Denver Colorado. We will try to follow the route taken in the movie Easy Rider for most of the way.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Coming down to the line
Well we start the trip in a little over week and I still don't have a gas tank. The one I bought off eBay has all this epoxy glue on the bottom so I started sand blasting the tank to clean it up. Well with all this rain we have been getting the blaster kept clogging up, after a few hours and I don’t know how many times cleaning the tip I gave up and took the tank down to a shot peening business. Should get it back today. Then all I have to do is weld up or solder up all the small pin holes around the bottom of the tank. Also I ordered another new tank form the local Honda dealership he guarantees that they have one in stock. I told him all about; this is the 3rd new tank I have ordered. The 1st two tanks I have order had been discontinued. I've been trying to order a gas tank for over 2 months. We see how it turns out. I do have some video of me cutting up the original tank that I want to share with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment