I bought my bike back in 1988 brand new and it only has a little over 10k mile on it.
I really like this bike except the range it gets with a tank of gas. You see the tank is only 2 gallons and the bike gets about 50 mile per gallon. A few years back Lewis had taken a bike trip up to Canada and ran out of gas.
So one of the things I have done for this trip is to change the gear ratio, I changed the rear sprocket from a 44 tooth to a 40 tooth. This really helped on the cruising RPM and mileage. It gets close to 70 MPG now.
I also bought some saddle bags and a sissy bar bag.'
I;ve been working on the gas tank for over a month. It had a dent while loading it on my trailer so I thought I would fix the dent and at the same time make the tanks bigger. I also ordered a new tank just in case things didn't work out as planned. So I cut the tank down both sides and spread it open about 2 1/4 inch's and started welding everything up. After around 12 hours of welding I had it together with only about 15 small leaks. Meanwhile the new tank is on back order.
Kenny, you are sooooo funny. Love this. Make sure Louis is as ready as you are for the fabulous journey. Nancy, Bob and Chris
ReplyDeleteFinally got this to work at home. Bike looks good you just need a tank that does not leak.
ReplyDelete